3.21.2012

Bee Party:

 I finally got the time to go through my daughter's First birthday party photos. When I started planning her party eight months ago,  I wanted to design something special & unique for this celebration. I figured when she gets old enough, I may not have a say in the theme of her parties. I loved the idea of a Rustic Bumble Bee Theme, and we were touched by the opening line of The Bee Movie - According to all known laws of aviation, there is no way a bee should be able to fly. It's wings are too small to get its fat little body off the ground. The bee of course flies anyways, because bees don't care what humans think is impossible. My daughter was born at 26 weeks, and overcame many obstacles to make it to her First Birthday, so we knew this would set the tone for her Bumble Bee Theme.   

I designed all paper goods, including the invitation, tags for food, the banner, and the goodie bags. For the kids’ goodie bags, I ordered Muslin Bags from CelestialGifts, and then designed a custom iron on logo, that read “Thank you for Buzzing by”. The goodie bags contained bubbles, bumble bee tattoos, sunflower seedling starter kits, and The Bee Movie.

My creative friend from Paperglitter was kind enough to offer her help and make three Beehive Piñatas for different kids’ age groups. This helped a great deal since there were about 30 kids ranging from ages 3 to 10.

The dessert buffet had lots of treats, besides the birthday cake, it included honeycomb cereal, honey teddy grahams, yellow gumballs, various flavors of candy sticks, and chocolate and vanilla cupcakes by a local baker, Golosinas. I found wooden letters at a local Michael's store to spell One. 

I worked very closely with my friend from The Posh Nosh Cakery to design a cake that had a hint of the Bee Theme without being too caricature like.  

Photography by: www.denisecruzstudio.com
Color Straws: HeyYoYo
Papergoods: Fresh Linen Press

5 comments:

  1. This was such a sweet party! Ilu--you did a fabulous job and I LOVED every detail!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wanted to mention that the piñatas were made from tutorial and idea posted by Country Living at : http://www.countryliving.com/crafts/projects/summer-DIY-projects-Playful-Lifesaver-Napkin-Rings#slide-7

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is so cute!! I am doing a bee-themed party for my one year old and was searching around for a few more ideas & found your blog... you guys threw an amazing party! wanted to see if I could find out where you got your cake topper or what it was made out of? Thanks so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! The cake topper is made out of rolled fondant and colored to look that way. The little bee is also fondant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all the paper products you had at your party. I too am doing a bee theme for my soon-to-be one year old. Unfortunately, I am unable to find the one you used on Etsy. I would have loved to have used it!

    Your party was absolutely adorable! I have high hopes for mine after seeing yours!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...